In order to send out proposals to jobs posted by clients, you will need to have some connects available in your Upwork account. If you don’t know what that means, you may want to read what are connects and how do i acquire them first.
If you already know what connects are, read on….
Whenever you want to send out a proposal in response to a client’s job posting, you need a specific number of connects. This can range anywhere from 1 connect to 6 connects. In the image below, you can see where to find this information.
If you have the needed amount of connects, you can submit a proposal for that job posting.
You won’t need any connects in the following cases:
- When you respond to an invitation from a client
- When you receive an offer to a client and accept it
- When you are sending a proposal within an Enterprise Talent Cloud.
Do I get my connects back if I am not selected for the job?
No, you won’t get your connects back if you aren’t chosen for the job. However, there are some cases where you will get your connects refunded.
- If a client cancels the job posting without hiring anyone, you will get your connects back. However, if the job posting expires without the client choosing any winning bid, you won’t get your connects back.
- If a job posting violates Upwork’s TOS and gets removed, you will be refunded the connects you used to apply for that job.
Note that by withdrawing your proposal from a job, you won’t get your connects back. Therefore, think carefully before you submit a poposal as it highly likely you won’t get those connects back.